READ FIRST: Do you qualify for rent or utility assistance?
Cross-Lines only accepts online applications for assistance with past due rent or past due utilities for Wyandotte County residents only.
We are unable to assist with deposits and mortgages at this time.
A submitted application is not a guarantee of financial assistance. Our staff will contact you once your application has been reviewed.
**Approval subject to availability and funding.
Requirements for Assistance:
- Household must be a Wyandotte County resident
- The rent or mortgage must be in applicants name
- Households must demonstrate ability to stabilize financial situation within 30-60 days
- Landlord must have a rental license
- Proof of Wyandotte County residency (bill, lease, ID)
- Proof of Eviction Notice, Delinquent Notice, or Disconnect Notice
- For rental assistance, lease will be needed
- Proof of Identification
- Proof of economic hardship due to Covid-19 (Examples include: proof of income, notice of layoff or reduced work hours, statements of public benefits, workforce development program documentation, medical paperwork, bills from medical providers)
READ FIRST: What is the process once I apply?
- The application can be accessed by clicking the link below. For those who are unable to apply online, please call the office at (913) 281-3388 to be connected with someone who can assist. Please note you may have to leave a message, but we will contact you within 1 business day.
- Applications will be reviewed weekly. Within 5 business days of application receipt, applicants will be contacted by phone for additional screening or notified of application denial. No financial commitments will be awarded during this screening.
- After screening is completed, each application and screening will be reviewed by staff for approvals. Our intention is to make commitments within 7 business days of application receipt.
NOTE: The first step renters should take if they are concerned about paying their rent/utilities or facing eviction/utility disconnect is to contact their landlord or lease agent by phone or email right away to let them know if you may need rental assistance or a payment plan for your next monthly rental payment. Early communication with tenants and landlords allows for more time to respond and explore all options.