Are you looking for the right opportunity to put your organizational and social skills to work for a cause you feel passionate about? Come join our fabulous team of individuals dedicated to helping the homeless, hungry and those living in poverty in Kansas City, KS. You’ll be working for a well-established and respected nonprofit and be part of a close-knit team of other nonprofit professionals dedicated to helping those in need.
Cross-Lines was established in 1963 as a “place of hope” for those struggling with the hardships of poverty. We are a safety net for our community and provide direct assistance to at-risk families, the elderly, and individuals struggling to make ends meet.
The Administrative Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for providing administrative support to the agency. This includes accounting responsibilities such as accounts payable and preparing daily deposits. This individual also ensures all monetary donations, in-kind gifts, and memorials are acknowledged and appreciated in a timely manner.
- Manages organization’s fundraising/donor database (Donor Perfect) by ensuring timely acknowledgment of donor contributions, maintenance of donor records, and accurate data entry of all monetary and in-kind donations.
- Processes online donations and mailed donations and generates donor acknowledgement letters on a regular basis.
- Generates financial reports and donor reports for Director of Development and Executive Director.
- Manages in-house accounting tasks such as preparing bank deposits, processing and coding invoices, and maintaining vendor files.
- Provides technical/troubleshooting support (computers and phone systems) to staff.
- Orders and stocks office inventory and other areas as requested.
- Provides support to development and event staff with fundraising events.
- Communicates in a prompt and courteous way with donors, vendors, and volunteers.
- Experience with accounts payable, proficiency with QuickBooks preferred.
- Experience maintaining a donor database. Experience with Donor Perfect preferred.
- Three (3) years active work experience in non-profit work preferred.
- A commitment to personal integrity and treating people with the utmost dignity and respect.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a strong team.
- Effective computer skills and knowledge of computer programs like Microsoft Office, donor database software.
Hours: This is a 25 hour a week, part-time position. This position allows for a flexible work schedule. Working hours are generally Monday-Friday, within the 8:00 am – 4:30 pm time frame. There are occasional work responsibilities outside normal work hours, including evenings and weekends.
Job Type: Part Time
Email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Susila Jones at email@example.com.
Cross-Lines is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.