Food Pantry Coordinator
Cross-Lines was established in 1963 as a “place of hope” for those struggling with the hardships of poverty. We are a safety net for our community. Cross-Lines provides direct assistance to at-risk families, the elderly, and individuals struggling to make ends meet.
The Food Pantry Coordinator reports to the Director of Operations and is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the food pantry by providing food assistance qualified individuals and families. This position is an important part of the Hunger Relief program at Cross-Lines. The Food Pantry Assistant is a full-time, hourly position. Hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is required.
· Provide Food Pantry assistance to qualified individuals and families.
· Treat all clients in a respectful and dignified manner.
· Determine client eligibility for food pantry services and completes client intake.
· Maintain filing system for Food pantry clients with appropriate paperwork and logs.
· Keep food pantry shelves and storage room stocked in an organized manner.
· Ensures that all food is stored properly by keeping food and boxes off of the floor, checking and recording the temperature of the refrigerator and freezer on a daily basis, and disposing of expired or unsafe food in a safe and proper manner.
· Maintain adequate inventory in food pantry and notify supervisor when inventory is low.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Bilingual, English and Spanish.
· Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
· Basic computer skills.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00-4:30pm. This is a full-time position.
Salary Range: $15 per hour. Full-time benefits include health and dental insurance, IRA matching, vacation time, and sick time.
Email resume to Allen Pickett at email@example.com.
Cross-Lines is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.