Thrift Store Manager
Cross-Lines Community Outreach in Kansas City, KS is seeking a full time Thrift Store Manager. The ideal candidate will have a passion for customer service and retail sales along with a systematic approach to competitive pricing and merchandising. The Thrift Store Manager will ensure that donated items are on the sales floor, priced appropriately and well displayed in a timely manner. The Thrift Store Manager works with volunteers in a helpful, respectful, knowledgeable, and motivating manner. Most importantly, the Thrift Store Manager will treat everyone with dignity and respect. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Retail Experience, management/supervisory experience preferred
- General computer and point-of-sale system skills
- Ability to work well with customers, donors, staff, and volunteers in person and on the phone
- Strong organizational and decision making skills
- Comfortable working with diverse populations
- Compassion for individuals experiencing poverty and/or homelessness
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Must pass background check.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish
- Experience working in a non-profit environment
- Familiarity with Social Media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, EBay, Letgo, Yelp, etc.
- Experience working or volunteering in a thrift store
- Understanding of marketing and public relations
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Direct the day-to-day operations of the Thrift Store
- Create a positive atmosphere for customers, volunteers, and donors within the Thrift Store
- Acquire quality donations, price for competitive sales, and investigate diverse sales avenues
- Create and maintain an attractive sales floor
- Consistently meet budgeted sales goals for the store
- Coordinate the truck schedule for donation pick-ups and deliveries
- Provide leadership and training for thrift store workers/volunteers
- Actively participate in committees, staff meetings, and community events.
- Interact positively with coworkers, volunteers, customers, and clients and treat everyone with dignity and respect
Hours: Full Time: Tuesday – Saturday, 8 am – 4:30 pm
Competitive Benefits package, including employee health insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27,000.00 to $30,000.00 /year
- retail management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Other forms
- Every other week
- Key Leader
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.